Saturday, October 16, 2010

IE9 not supported on XP...

Recently I saw that IE9 had been released in beta - liking to play with new toys I thought I'd give it a go. I was quite surprised that I wasn't able to upgrade as I my machine runs WindowsXP...

This post went up partly finished - so now for the rest.

Where I currently work, and the client that we work for both use Windows XP as the Standard Operating System and hence my surprise at the predicament I found myself in. I canvased the office about versions and I wasn't alone in thinking that not allowing IE9 to be downloaded for use on XP seemed odd given the market share. I did a little bit of research and my thoughts were confirmed. The w3schools has XP as the most popular OS having 51.7% more than double that of Windows7 it's narest competitor....

No comments:

Post a Comment