Saturday, September 3, 2011

What more would we need to do?


KJRoss & Associates is running the ASTA awards to recognize the outstanding work done by testers within Australia. 

Now testers like most IT professionals are not often self-promoting and will need to be nominated by peers, colleagues or clients. I heard of a situation were a manager was asked, “Do your testers deserve an award?” via email, and the response was “No not really”. This got me to thinking; well what would a testing team have to do to change this response? Find more bugs? Test quicker? And I must admit I’m at a bit of a loss... But I do take heart in that, rather than just ignore the email and its contents the manager actually responded. Is the response, though not worded so, a complement to the testing team indicating that the team is front of mind and is doing a good or sufficient or adequate job just not an outstanding job?

No comments:

Post a Comment