Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy New Year, 2011 bring it on!

On the brink of returning to the office fulltime I'm excited!

2011 is going to a big year for me personally as we embark on the construction of our new house. It's only just dawned on me, even though it took 8 months to develop and get approval of the floor plan, there is soooooooo much more detailed requirements are needed to ensure that the vision in our heads becomes reality. Stay tuned for more on that front as the build progresses.

During the break I received notification that my application to the Australian Computer Society had been accepted. I also received a copy of their magazine, Information Age. I was most pleased to discover the quality of the articles and the topic's covered were of such a high standard that I read it cover to cover, and instead of the novel I'm in the middle of reading! I particularly liked the articles 'Are you ready for 2020' and 'What's a head in 2011'.

I was lucky enough to finish by break by attending the K.J. Ross & Associates 2011 Staff Summer School. The summer school brings together the extended KJRA family from around the country for a 3 day sabbatical. Consultants flew in from Melbourne, Sydney and Canberra to join our colleagues in Brisbane at the University of Queensland.

The courses tort at Summer School cover our own CSTP Foundation; Leadership, Negotiation and Customer Service sessions presented by Rohan Toll. And for those with a technical bent, almost 24 hours of sessions covering various software testing tools (Microsoft VS2010, TOSCA and Silk Performance Tester). The technical stream contained a mixture of technical briefings and hands on training.

Finally I am excited about the program we are putting together for the ACS Testing and KJRA Test Managers Special Interest Groups. I am super excited to be able to announce the following presentation topic to be covered in 2011 (schedule to be confirmed):

  • Dr Tafline Murane will deliver her Eurostar 2010 presentation The Carrot or the Whip - What Motivates Testers?; and
  • Dr Mark Pedersen will present a Microsoft VS2010 un-boxing and master class; and
  • The award winning DIaC Performance Testing team will take us through the journey 'Performance Testing Improvement Through Application Performance Management'.
And this is only the beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment